These Whiskey on the Tracks Terms and Conditions are valid as of 6th May 2022.
Age for participation in Whiskey on the Tracks events:
To be part of a Whiskey on the Tracks event, you must be over 18. If there is any doubt in relation to this on the day of journey, a representative from Whiskey on the Tracks will require valid photo identification to be shown to prove the customer’s age. If said representative is not happy with the photo identification shown, then the customer will be asked to leave the train and no refund will be forthcoming.
Railway Preservation Society of Ireland and Whiskey on the Tracks
Whiskey on the Tracks is run on train services which are operated by the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland and therefore we are bound by their terms and condition for travel. They alone have control over the train used on each outing. For further information in relation to the R.P.S.I. and their terms and conditions for travel, please click here. Please make yourself aware of their terms by visiting their website before travelling with Whiskey on the Tracks.
- Tickets for all Whiskey on the Tracks events are sold solely through our ticket partner Tito.
- We do not accept payment by cash, cheque, postal order or bank transfer.
- All enquires in relation to tickets should be made through Whiskey on the Tracks and not with Tito.
- Tickets will clearly be marked as being available or not within our timetable.
- If tickets are marked as Sold Out then unfortunately there are no further tickets available for this journey.
- Tickets marked Private Charter, are private events, and tickets will not go on general sale for this journey.
- Tickets marked as On Sale Soon have not been released yet and will only become available when the journey is confirmed.
- All tickets are valid for a return journey to your advertised destination.
Conditions of Travel with Whiskey on the Tracks:
- Passengers must at all times follow the instructions given to them by representatives from Whiskey on the Tracks, the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland or Irish Rail before and during the journey. Abuse, whether verbal or physical, will not be tolerated in any shape or form.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your journey. Late arrival, resulting in missing the train, shall not be the responsibility of the Whiskey on the Tracks or the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland.
- Passengers shall in no way interfere with the running of the train.
- Please act responsibly at all times while on board.
- All journeys have a strict no smoking/vaping policy and this must be adhered to.
- Should any of the above terms be breached then this will result in the passenger being asked to leave the train without a refund of their tickets price.
Whiskey on the Tracks cancelation/amendment:
- On an occasion where a journey is cancelled by Whiskey on the Tracks, passengers will be offered a full refund. At present Whiskey on the Tracks can’t facilitate a voucher system so this will not be offered to passengers.
- Whiskey on the Tracks trains are run by the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland and if they make the decision to cancel a journey, for any reason, then a full refund will be offered to customers.
- Should the advertised journey be changed in one of the following manners: change of date, change of destination station or change of departure station and the customer no longer wants to take the journey, then a full refund will be issued.
- All Whiskey on the Tracks journeys are planned to be held on steam trains. Please note that if for whatever reason the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland make the decision to remove the steam locomotive and replace it with a diesel powered locomotive, then Whiskey on the Tracks will deem this journey to have been completed and no refund will be offered for change of locomotive.
- Whiskey on the Tracks can’t be held responsible/liable for any other costs associated with the cancellation of one of their journeys and we recommend customers have travel insurance in place should such on occasion arise.
The following is an outline of the refund policy in relation to customers cancelling their journey with Whiskey on the Tracks:
- Greater than 40 days before date of travel – 100% refund.
- 39 to 21 days before date of travel – 75% refund.
- 20 to 14 days before date of travel – 50% refund.
- Less than 14 days before date of travel – No refund.
- On an occasion where a journey is advertised at short notice then special refund terms and conditions will be attached to that specific journey.
Should a passenger wish to change a name on a booking, this can be done free of charge up until 48 hours before the date and time of travel. Please note that if there is a seating plan for the journey, then the new passenger will replace the old passenger and movement within the carriage to another seat will not be facilitated
A friendly note from Whiskey on the Tracks:
More then anything we want all our passengers to enjoy their experience with Whiskey on the Tracks.
Should any of the above matters arise, we will endeavour to facilitate you as much as we can.
Hope to see you on board a Whiskey on the Tracks journey in the future.